As online banking has become an integral part of many people’s daily lives, quality, and secure mobile banking applications are essential for financial institutions. However, to release high-quality software, it is necessary to conduct testing.
What Is Essential To Take Into Account In The Testing Process?
Banking applications are logically complex software requiring qualified, experienced developers and quality assurance specialists. Because the created software must have increased security and protection of confidential information, errors in development will entail negative consequences.
Therefore, to create high-quality products, it is necessary to concentrate on the following:
- The functionality required to provide integration with third-party software and for extensions associated with the emergence of innovative technologies;
- The user interface should be straightforward to use;
- Software performance must ensure high-speed operation; users will not require slow applications;
- Reliability and security are critical factors for mobile banking applications, as such applications are more likely to be attacked by cybernetic fraudsters.
If you carefully focus on these aspects when developing your product, the software application you create will succeed.
What’s important to remember is to test any banking app before releasing it to the market. The cost of a mistake is very high and often you won’t get a second chance with your product. If such a product fails immediately, the only way to start again is to start from scratch. You can test your banking application or read successful cases on the website of a company that has been successfully testing web and mobile applications for over 20 years – https://testfort.com/fintech-and-banking.
Step-By-Step Testing Guide
The created software for the banking sector must meet security and confidentiality requirements and provide quick access to financial services. To do this, you need to go through several stages in the testing process. Here we’re going to go through them.
At the initial stage of the tests, it is necessary to collect informative data that must be recorded in the document and follow the list during testing. For the sake of clarity, specify the requirements for each functional module.
Create Test Cases
Based on the requirements for the software, possible scenarios for testing mobile banking applications are being developed. Because the set of tests should cover many different situations, automated testing is used to facilitate verification. Quality specialists and the head of the development team should organize test cases for automated verification. However, some options will require manual and inclusive testing.
In a banking application, the entire functional set must work efficiently. These options include transfers, making payments, managing an account, opening a deposit or a line of credit, and much more.
The user database is constantly updated, and the software section responsible for the database must ensure reliability and security. Database testing includes checking the data types, loading speed, providing storage, and so on.
Software security is a priority in mobile banking applications as they deal with a massive amount of sensitive information. Therefore, testing this aspect should be the most thorough (user identification, data encryption, etc.). The main thing is that users are sure of the reliability of the banking application used.
You should also provide automated notifications in emergencies: system software failures, information leakage, etc.
Checking Products On Various Devices
Such verification should provide access to the banking application from various devices and operating systems. Therefore, real electronic devices with multiple combinations of operating systems are used for testing.
Product health testing includes download speed and checking for changes in traffic. In addition, the software’s reaction to increased traffic using various electronic devices and browsers is tested.
It is essential to provide a convenient and understandable menu of the banking application. Therefore, one should concentrate on the software prototype to confirm the clarity in this aspect.
The Practice Of Testing Banking Applications
As a rule, banking applications contain a similar set of functionalities, so quality assurance specialists use the following test scenarios:
- It is necessary to check whether the registered user will be able to enter the application using the data;
- Check if users will be able to conduct transactions;
- Check if users can change the password for entering the banking application;
- Provide that the account is blocked if there are several incorrect entries into the application and subsequent unblocking when certain operations are performed.
These are standard checks during testing, but exceptional cases may be related to a particular banking application.
Practical Examples That Allow The Banking Sector To Create High-Quality Products
Here are some practical examples that will help ensure effective software development:
- Start with the requirements and design solutions; this will determine the scope of application testing and its logical structure;
- Use component checking for the various options to make sure all functions work together smoothly;
- Use automated testing to eliminate time-consuming manual testing checks, significantly reducing development time, especially for long-term projects.
If you follow all the recommendations above, the developed banking mobile application will be high quality, efficient, and in demand among the user audience.