- Samsung will soon launch its highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy SmartTag2 on October 11, 2023.
- This smart tag allows you to track your belongings around a range of 120m.
- The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag2 price will be $30.
While the Apple AirTags have become quite famous and have maintained somewhat of a monopoly in the smart tag market (exclusive to iPhone users), Samsung is launching its second iteration of the Galaxy SmartTag – the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag2.
This smart tag seems to be a decent upgrade to the previous generation SmartTag. Some of its best upgrades and changes are:
- The Galaxy SmartTag 2 has a new design. It now has a ring-shaped round shape that resembles a food hanger. Therefore, you can simply attach it to and hang it from various objects now.
- This smart tag now has a whopping 70-hour battery life. Samsung has made great strides here in ensuring that its battery life is almost twice as long compared to the previous Samsung Galaxy SmartTag.
- The smart tag now has an IP67 water and dust rating, which makes it fairly suitable for tracking objects out in the open.
- It also has a new UWB (Ultra Wide Band) connectivity meter. Therefore, using Samsung’s Compass View app, you can now precisely locate where the tag and the tagged object are.
- The Bluetooth range of this has been increased to 120 meters, 30 meters more than the previous one.
However, the only feature that makes this a Samsung-exclusive smart tag is the fact that you can only track it with Samsung’s proprietary Samsung SmartThings Find app. This is only usable from Samsung Galaxy devices that have UWB support (like the Samsung Galaxy S23).
Therefore, if you have any other Android phone, you cannot use this with Google’s Find My Device app network. This addition would have been awesome, making it a true rival to the Apple AirTags.
So, do you wish to purchase the Samsung Galaxy SmarTag2? Let me know in the comments below!