- Counter Strike 2 finally got released for all PC players (for free) this Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
- It was initially launched in March 2023 in the form of a limited beta, where select players were chosen to try out this game.
- It has introduced several new changes like updated current-gen graphics, new smoke physics, better server tick rates, and more!
Shooters and boomers, rejoice! Your favorite FPS game (and perhaps the greatest FPS game) is back again, better than ever before! Counter Strike 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the legendary Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO), has finally been released on PC through Steam.
All players PC players can play this game for free. However, if you are willing to spend $15, you will become a Prime CS2 player, where you will unlock competitive ranked matchmaking, better Prime servers, loot boxes, and a lot more!
Counter Strike 2 was announced earlier this year, entering into a limited beta test in March. More and more players were invited to play the beta version, finally culminating in its official release now.
Counter Strike 2 has a host of new changes and additions, like:
- Updated graphics with better textures, particle effects, and lighting effects.
- Better 64-sub tick rate servers, making the gameplay feel much smoother and more accurate, equivalent to a 128-tick rate server.
- Smoke grenades have been changed, which has now been made volumetric. Instead of a static smoke cloud of CS: GO, CS2 smoke will expand volumetrically to fill up the open space according to its shape and structure. Plus, players can shoot through the smoke to create temporary holes through it, allowing players to see through them.
- Frag grenades can now clear smoke for a few seconds, adding a host of new gameplay potential!
So what do you think of these new changes in Counter Strike 2? Let me know in the comments below!